Re: Camaro vs. M3

Mike Fennell wrote (I paraphrase):
<.......The whole argument is ridiculous.  There will ALWAYS be a cheaper, more
capable (by the numbers anyway) vehicle.  Our daily driver '91 318is is
slower than the average Saturn, but which would you rather drive?>

- ----  I know the answer to that!  I owned a '93 Saturn SW2 for a year, my wife
and I both hated it, we sold it happily after only 30K miles.  I've now put
nearly 100K miles on my '91 318i, and I still look forward to driving it every
day. No faster than the Saturn in a straight line, but what a world of
difference in driving fun and build quality!  The only comparison is on paper
- --- in the real world, the BMW is an order-of-magnitude better car.  I realize
Mike was being tongue-in-cheek, but actually the Saturn (twin-cams) and my 318i
are fairly closely matched in power-to-weight ratio (my Saturn had 127 hp
pushing around 2500 lbs., and my 318i has 134 hp pushing 2600 lbs.).

End of bmw-digest V9 #1549