RE: [WOB] Do you let the kid(s)/spouse eat in your beautiful BMW?

TEAShea@domain.elided wrote:
> Regarding eating in the car, I do not allow it in general.  I
> allow water and hard candy only. However, I am very particular.
> I don't wear or allow wearing of shoes in my cars.  Each sear
> has a shoe bad - they them that and they they will think you
> are being easy !!

No offense, but do you also drive barefoot? If not, what makes you better
then your passengers?
Wanna share with us what the driving school instructors tell you when you
ask them to remove their shoes? Ever been to a driving school?

"Ted Staib" <tedstaib@domain.elided> wrote:
> Back when I was very particular about my car, and showing it
> in a concours the next day, I did not let a friend IN my car
> because his boots were dirty. He had to drive himself to the
> party. Needless to say, I won my class the next day. Hey, you
> all understand, right?

Nope, sorry.
You did not let a friend into your car because his shoes were dirty? To win
a concourse?
Was getting the trophy worth loosing a friend?

Folks, these are just cars. Nice, great handling, sometimes expensive CARS.
Not objects of warship or undue reverence.
Definitely not something that warrants complicating your life or the life of
your loved ones.
If some of you are so anal about your bimmers, I would absolutely hate to
see what will happen to you once you move up to a P-car or a Ferrari.
Please maintain your sanity.
It's just a car.

sorry for the WOB,
alex f

P.S.: I drive, autoX, attend driving schools, eat and when necessary nap in
my cars. From POS college VW to E36 M3 and everything in between.