Re: Easy Sticker Removal

Michael Reilly wrote:

> Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 22:14:10 -0400
> From: Michael Reilly <mreilly@domain.elided>
> Subject: Easy Sticker Removal
>
> Has anyone found a good way to affix things like company parking
> stickers to their cars in a way that makes them easy to remove later?
> I have some clear static cling material and stuck a parking sticker
> to it and stuck it in my window, but I think the heat in the car
> caused it to curl and fall off. I don't think there is anyway around
> this with that particular material. I wish to put a few stickers on
> my car, but don't wish to resort to a razor blade when it comes time
> to remove them. Any suggestions?
>
> Michael

Michael,

Before you stick the sticker on the window, stick a strip of paper
across the top of the sticker.  The paper backing that the sticker comes
on is convenient because it is already cut to the right width.  When you
want to remove the sticker use the strip of paper as a handle to peel
off the sticker.  If you are careful and avoid ripping the sticker it
will come off cleanly.

Clear plastic may look better than paper if you have a piece that is the
right size, but I don't know how well the sticker will stick to it.

I was able to remove the parking sticker from my former apartment
complex cleanly after it was stuck to my windshield for about 4 years.
You might be able to get away with just putting a little tab in one
corner if you are extra careful when you pull the sticker off.

Bill.
dieter@domain.elided