<OT> funny insurance things

Talk about insurance got me thinking of something I found funny.

I bought a pickup several months ago.  1989 GMC 2500 Extended Cab Long
Bed.  HUGE.  Weighs 5000lbs with me in it.  100/300/100 liability +
towing&labor for this monster is around $400/yr in central NJ.

Then I bought a trailer.  Custom Deande 16ft with a big 3X3X5 box
on the front.  It's really nice as these things go.

I called my insurance company.  They told me that liability for
the truck also covers the trailer AND the unregistered car ON
the trailer.  When I'm loaded up, this rig weighs 10480lbs.  I can't
imagine the carnage it could cause.

And they insure it all for $400/yr.  About 1/2 what I was paying for the
liability portion of my E36M3.  Even better, comprehensive for the trailer
is $12/yr and I don't store it at home.

<shaking head>

Mike Fennell