Help save my July 4th weekend!

Started my '92 325i, drove to gas station, pulled to pump, realized I'm
on wrong side of pump, got in to start car and it won't start.

Jumped it and it drove from MD to NJ fine, but I couldn't turn it off.
Did try to turn it on and off on exit ramp, but no joy--it did, however,
start when I popped it into gear.

Alternator? Starter? or something else?  Please help.  I've got two
young sons looking forward to a holiday weekend and my wife will be away
with her car. I'll take it to the dealer today, but don't want to pay
for its experimentation, although I do sort of trust them.

Any guesses are appreciated, and please reply directly to me so I don't
have to wait for digest--

mailto:dmax@domain.elided

Thank you very much!

Doug

- --
Douglas M. Max
Managing Director  LR Communication Systems, Inc.

Improving business communications worldwide since 1969.
Internet-based and on-site instruction with personal feedback.

Don't send that document out before viewing our helpful writing tips!
Free at our site: http://LRcom.com

mailto:DMax@domain.elided   (908) 464-1231   fax (908) 464-1350
139 Dogwood Lane * Berkeley Heights, NJ * 07922 * USA