E34 M5 CD player

The factory BMW (Alpine OEM?) CD changer in my '91 E34 M5 went south.  Had a
couple of tires/wheels in the trunk and hit a big unmarked bump and I think
one of them may have smacked it.  Wasn't listening to it at the time but
when I went to eject the carrier that night there was no power.  Dash
(radio) shows ERR when I switch to CD.

I checked the blue connector, it's not loose.  Power connector is fine.
Inline fuse is fine.  Don't see any physical damage, nothing loose or bent.
Haven't had a voltmeter on it yet, that's of course the next step.

Any thoughts or suggestions other than the voltmeter?  If no power it's easy
- - blown fuse up front or something.  If there is 12V power to the unit, not
relishing taking it in to an audio repair shop.

What's a new Alpine unit run, could be cheaper than a repair.  Will an
Alpine changer fit directly, or is the blue connector at the back custom to
BMW, if so does someone sell adapters, etc.?

Any suggestions on audio repair shops in the Seattle/Eastside area?  Have
used Magnolia in the past with good luck but only on warranty work (had a
3rd gen Rx-7 with aftermarket shocks (full stiff autocross suspension) with
a pullout CD player I must have had them realign every 6 months).

Thanks,

Jim Walsh