Re: door dings

Stephen-

paintless ding removal guys can work very well, around here (KY) they charge min. $60. They basically use an "L" shaped tool to lever the dent out from inside the door (it is inserted between window and door). Caveats - if ding is too
close to edge of door, steel is double guage and they can't do it. Also if there is an airbag in door they may not be able to do it. If there is a sharp crease in steel, they can't get it out entirely but can still greatly improve
appearance by removing depression. It appears to take a fair bit of skill, so best to get a reference from somebody. Had a body shop quote me $350 for a small ding on a VW, they wanted to repaint etc, ding guy did it in my driveway on a
Saturday for $60 in 20 mins, ding was invsible thereafter. He also threw in a ding on our Volvo which is missing paint, but at least the depression is gone. Have 2 ^#%#$^* dings in my 540, so will be calling him again soon. One day I will
catch one of these idiots if there is any justice in the world. I DID catch a woman routing through her giant handbag which was perched on the trunk of my black 540. Her piece of crap jeep was 10ft away, so why she had to use my car... My
glee in seeing her jump 2 ft off the ground when I yelled out EXCUSE ME was worth the potential of a scratch.

Todd Kenyon
99 540i 6spd
84 633, 95 318ti club sport (both gone)