Re: bmw-digest V9 #1499

Michael,

You might wan't to check the connector at the differential, could be a bad
connection... (It's all electronic)
The gas odors could be a result of a bad O2 sensor - if yould engine is
running too rich. Generally there are two types of O2 sensors; one with
heater element and one without. I'm not sure witch one your car are using.
Anyways, the lambda part of the O2 sensor is the same on all sensors. So, if
you find one witch fit into the thread, and if has the same configuration
e.g. with/without heater element - you can use it... You'll just need to
figure out the wirering...

Regards,

Thomas Petersen,
'92 318iS Coupe - Supercharged to 205HP