E30 DME memory effect

Hello,

I'm wondering if the E30 DMEs (1.1 and 1.3) do have some learning features
implemented.

I was told that after upgrading the chip it takes some 100km to learn and
get out all the power.
>From my knowledge only ODBII systems (>'97) have a learning capability.

Is it true that the E30 DME also has some memory which is cleared when the
battery is not connected?
I leave my project car parked in the garage with the battery disconnected
during week - I only drive it
on weekends.
Is that a bad idea - especial for the DME memory - as far it has one...?

Any answers in this issue?

Thanks a lot

Horst
http://silverstone.fortunecity.com/chicane/541/