Big bore throttle body on M20 - no gain?

Hello,

I've a question to the engine gurus:
Some weeks ago I installed a big bore throttle body on my 2.7i engine
(2.7eta bottom end, i head, i harness, i ecu, i cam)
which resulted in 180+ hp at 6000rpm.

I had it dynoed before and after the installation of the throttle body
(+3.5mm in diameter) but could not see
any gain in hp nor in torque.
What's wrong here? Is the AFM restricting the airflow too much?
Is it possible to install a bigger afm (from a big six) and have a modified
chip?

Would it bring me some additional power when I install a big six afm and
calibrate it that it gives me exact he same
electrical signals as the original afm?
I can imagine to calibrate them when i connect them in serial to a big fan /
vacuum pump and and modify
the output voltage / resistance.

Any Ideas?

Regards