BMW DWA alarms-disarming

1993, 1994 and 1995 DWA-4 alarms came from the factory
with the system set so it would only turn the alarm
off with the key. If the battery died, the system
would not  turn off unless a dealer technician was
involved. I can't count the times I came to peoples
businesses and homes to change the option from remote
only to door lock disarm or transmitter disarm. We
never charged the customer for this service while
under warranty. It amazes me that your car went
completely through the 4-50 warranty period without
having this changed over. Must have been trouble free.
Call around for a dealer in your area that will do
this changeover as a courtesy to gain your business.
It only takes 5 min. to complete and we used is as a
gesture of goodwill all the time. It takes longer to
get a radio code than reprogram your DWA-4 alarm.

Nelson Jones
Director of Operations
2002AD
818-768-2697