RE: bibliographic reference (was: <E30> <BMW's> Driving Habits)

Hello Jean,

> Just to satisfy my curiosity, would you
> care to provide a bibliographic
> reference for "all those studies"? Heck,
> just pick one or two of the best ones.

I believe that such studies exist; one that I *know* of is one that
Greyhound Lines did in the late 1960s that led them to mandate that their
bus drivers keep their lights on at all times.  (Even then I do not have a
pointer to a text that can be verified in the library.)

But the point is -- that all that this proves is that one vehicle with
headlights on in the sea of traffic attracts attention to that vehicle.
That advantage will largely be lost once all vehicles have lights lit.

Thanks,
_Scott