foglights and other

The last time I had my foglights on was, funnily enough, when it was very
foggy about 2 months ago.  I am of the opinion that most people who are
driving around with their foglights on are under the misguided notion that
it looks cool.

While I can't speak to the UK's laws, I know that it was illegal to use
them when it wasn't foggy in Germany during the time I was stationed there.

Regarding David Bowers point about daytime running lights (DRL), they are
equipped with much lower wattage bulbs than foglights and, by their very
nature, aren't the problem that poorly aimed foglights can be at night.

Now to the other point that is bothering me.  I've seen this recently used
by newspaper letter writers, journalists (who definitely should know better)
and contributors to the digest.  If you are trying to say that someone
doesn't care at all, the expression is "couldn't care less" and not
"could care less."  The second means that the someone cares to some degree.

Ed Walker
'80 323i
'72 tii