outrageous maintenace costs; inspection 1

I am a new owner of a "95 avus blue M3 which i nicknamed "bloo" (pretty
original huh). I love this car from the contours to the color to those fat
tires. it just all goes together so nicely, not to mention the power. The
person i bought it from advertised it as having a dinan chip. i think he
just said that as a sales pitch. is there anyway for me to know what kind of
chip is int there without having to go under the hood (i am not that
confident yet to go messing with it)

Can anyone please explain to me what is done when they do an inspection 1
(besides changing the oil and a whole lot of checks according to
checklist)on these cars, and is it worth paying $380 (dealer) plus? I'm no
BMW master technician but as far as i see it looks like a $380 oil change.
Can't I take it to reputable bmw shop and have them do a an oil change tune
up etc.? and end up paying less. By the way if anyone knows of a reputable
bmw shop besides a dealer in the atlana, ga area i would appreciate it
thanks!

P. Fred..