E30 rear drive axle nut seized.

During my diff swap this weekend(2.9 to 3.25) i wanted
to take off the drive axle to inspect the rear ABS
spindle(ABS light on)  and possibly replace the
bearings.  An immediate concerns was how to remove the
bearing outer race if it was stuck to the trailing
arm. Too bad i couldnt' get the big 30mm axle nut off
though.  I attempted to with a six sided impact socket
and 2ft breaker bar, but was slipping a bit off the
thin nut. I soaked it for a while with Liquid Wrench
and tried using an hammer impact wrench. Didn't wan't
to risk rounding off the nut. It looks pretty seized
up just wondering how to get this nut off, (note:there
was no dust cap as indicated in bentley, years of
corrosion?)

Question:
How to get outer race out of the trailing arm if
bearing separates?I do have a 6" puller I was going to
use to pull the drive axle off the inner race of the
bearing.
How to get axle nut off?