re:leather or leatherette

I have a 2000 323i with the leatherette.  I spent my money on the sport and
premium packages instead of the hides.  I love the leatherette, it is easy
to clean and maintain, and it looks great.  My friends don't even know its
not leather.  We all know it is not, but if you're not savvy with european
hides or familiar with them, you wouldn't know unless you were looking.

The one drawback, however, is the smell of leather.  No vinyl can reproduce
that.  But I think the financial savings outweigh the aroma.

My 2 pennies worth.

Dr. Scott E. Brunengraber
2000 323i sp/prem  orient blue