Leather or Leatherette interior?

First time posting, so I hope this works.

I am very close to buying a 2000 328Ci, and I would
like your opinions on interior choice.  Obviously,
leather is the preferred choice, or else it would not
be an option, but at $1450, is it worth that much
extra money?  I would welcome your opinions on the
quality of both interiors, and why you chose the one
you did.  I am particularly interested in the
durability of both materials, and any bad experiences
you've had with either.  Thanks.

- -Can't Decide