Fwd: <E36> "Brake light circuit failure"

Scott:

I had the same message in my '95, multiple Digesters pointed me to
the brake light switch.  Skeptical still, I replaced it, and the message
went away.  Mine had a double-pole switch, probably the brake circuit
and the cruise.  PITA clip-in switch, but just a few moments of futzing.

No thoughts on the left rear fog lamp.

Have fun, Larry F.

>Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 17:26:28 +0930
>From: Scott <sd@domain.elided>
>Subject: <E36> "Brake light circuit failure"
>
>I've just had this message come up on my check control on my '96 M3
>and discovered that indeed none of the brake lights work but fuses, bulbs
>all check out ok. Also noted was that the left rear fog lamp is not working
>and a multimeter shows no volts on that wire to the lamp assembly !
>
>Have I got a check control connections problem ? The brake light circuit
>failure
>message was happening intermittantly but now appears constant.
>
>Any suggestions welcome !
>
>thanks,
>Scott.
>
>1996 E36 M3.