94 E36 3181s newbie

I recently purchased my first BMW car (i have a '97 R1100R bike). I have
a few questions that i would appreciate any and all help anyone may
have.

The first question is very embarassing. I don't have an owners manual
and i can't figure out how to set the time and date.

My second question is regarding a recently replaced instrument panel
that only has a functional speedo because it needs a code. Is there any
way that i can reset it myself or do i have to take it in?

My third question is regarding an after market CD player. After reading
a lengthy discussion on the unofficial BMW web site regarding the
matter, there still seems to be some disagreement as to whether or not a
CDX-M30 with an adapter will work with my P102 deck.

Thanks for helping!

P.S. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the discussions in this group!
Being a motorhead in general, but new to the BMW scene, this has been
(and, no doubt will continue to be) an invaluable source for
information.  Also, the realy stupid questions should stop soon since i
have a Bentley's manual on order.

Kris
94 318is
Chevy's are my first love...hope we can still talk.