Odometer/Tripmeter stopped functioning, etc.

Hello everyone.

I'm a fairly new BMW owner, and a lurker on this digest.

I have a few questions that someone could perhaps help me with;

I am the owner of a 1984 325e whose odometer and tripmeter have stopped
working.  They did this previously when it was very cold.  The next day I
simply reset the tripmeter and all was well.  The same thing happened
recently and now the resetting trick does not work.  Any ideas?  I've looked
at the E30 faq's and did not find anything on this subject.

Another question is in regards to a sound (a clunk, like there is too much
lash in the differential or loose bushings holding the differential to
subframe) coming from the rear of the vehicle.  It sounds like it is
eminating from the differential or differential mounting point area.  The
vehicle has a 5-speed manual transmission and the sound results when the
gears are shifted in any manner other than slow and deliberate.

Thank you in advance.
Mario

End of bmw-digest V9 #1445