Re: '88 M5 tire suggestions

In a message dated 4/16/00 9:31:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< The Michelin XGTV tires on the wife's '88 M5 are dead.  Anyone have A
 suggestion for suitable replacements?  The car has the stock wheels, and
 spends about 60% of it's time commuting (I know, what A shame),  and the
 rest is high spirited twisty roads at moderate speeds (40-80mph).  We never
 go over 100mph (well, almost never) so super high speed ratings are not all
 that important to us.

 The only complaint I have about the Michelins is that they hydroplane
 horribly. >>

Jeffrey,

I agree about the XGTV's hydroplaning...I had them on my 'M5 many moons
ago..then I went to Bridgestone RE71's...grippy cool tires that wore like
crap!...Now I am running Dunlop DSP8000's and have been extremely pleased
thus far...the price was right also...about $80 something per.  Great in the
wet too.  I don't think you can go wrong with these tires (for the money).
Good luck,

John Weese
BMW CCA #76645
'88 M5
3 2002's
Event Organizer:  Mid-Atlantik '02 Fest I (April 29, 2000...Shenandoah River
State Park)....It'll Be Here Soon!!