securing fog lamps

Hi everyone,

Yesterday evening, while attempting to change the burnt-out foglight bulbs
on my 1994 318i, I broke a small black plastic lever which secures the
foglight to an assembly bolted inside the bumper/spoiler... in fact, I broke
the levers on the right and left sides!

Figuring I could get these small plastic arms from my local dealer, I called
them only to find out I have to buy the complete post for over $50 each
side. All I need is the $.50 plastic piece that comes with it.

Has anyone on the list had to deal with a situation such as this? I don't
know whether to tie-wrap the fog lights from behind, or try to secure them
with wire or...? Anyone have any suggestions they can pass on?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stephen
'94 318i w/275,000 km