RE: Headrest covers

Thomas & William,

Admittedly, I don't know what these things look like, and I'm not trying to
start any kind of flaming, so if you don't agree with what I am about to say,
feel free to e-mail me direct and tell me so. I don't know where to get the
covers, but, William, if you like your BMW to be the way YOU like it, and not
how others think you should have it, by all means hunt them down and get them.

I just bought a 73 2002, and if I find flares, rear spoiler and front air dam
I like, they are going on the car, because I like the looks. If I want to put
a small block Chevy in it and blow away the rst of the BMW's, then that's my
business, because it's MY car, not the BMW communities car. Quite frankly, I
certainly didn't buy the 2002 for its looks. I bought it cuz it screams,
especially in corners. Personnaly I don't like stock looking vehicles, but I
realize it's their thing, and keep my mouth shut, if I don't have anything
positive to say.

Thomas, if you are a BMW purist, more power to you. I don't look down on BMW,
Vette, or IH purists, and I would hope, that they don't look down on people
who like to modify or individualize their mode of transportation. A person
should be free enjoy their vehicle in whatever safe manner they choose. You
would have served William better if you had told him where to get what he
wants, or maybe suggest another alternative. Possibly he NEEDs to cover the
headrests and can't justify paying the kind of money an upholstry shop would
charge. Maybe he works a blue collar job and doesn't want to get grease on
his factory headrests. There could be a millon reasons.

To list members: If you feel I am out of line, e-mail me directly so we don't
waste digest space on this subject. You can e-mail me at slarsonih@domain.elided

Sincerely,
STeve

<< To all on the list!
Please DO NOT lead William in the right direction to purchasing these awfull
headrest covers.
William, you have bought the most stylish, beautiful car - and now you are
planning on ruin it with headrest cover, come on!

Please don't do it!

Regards,
Thomas Petersen >>