325i Coupe Windows

I have a 1993 325 Coupe.  Two questions.

1.	The drivers side window and the actuator was replaced before I bought
the car.  The problem is that the window doesnt wind down as far as the
passenger side when I open the door and I have had problems with the
window winding up outside of the seal on door closure.  I get the
feeling that the window is trying to wind too far and the window seems
to move outwards in the door as it reaches it's stop.  I also have the
problem now of when closing the door, the window doesnt wind up
automatically until the ignition key is turned and I believe this to be
a fault of the position (Call me stupid if you like).  Is there any way
of changing the point of closure ?  Either electrically or mechanically
?

2.	Where can I find the diagnostic connector ? (this one has probably
been flogged to death here, but I dont know where or how to find the
information!)

Many thanks

Nick Pashley