New 2002 Owner

Hello BMW Digesters,

I am new to this list. I just bought a 1973 2002 last week and have much to
learn. It looks like the previous owner started to install tii parts. Is
there a book, manual or online source to get accurate information on
different specs about what is actually on my car and adjustments and mods I
can make to improve performance and such?

For example, the distributor # is 0 231 118 000 08. One book says it's a 74
2002A dist, and another says it's a tii dist. How can I tell. Also, the carb
is a 2 barrel. How do I find out what the manifold and carb came off of?

I have another question. My 2002 has 185-75-13 tires on stock rims. I want
the old style Gold BBS style rims with as wide a tire I can get. I don't care
if the rims are 13's, 14's, or 15's. What is a really good tire setup? I was
thinking of 205-60-13 tires on 13 inch rims. Any problems running that? Is
there a better combo

Lastly,  today, I somehow pulled my key out of the ignition with the ignition
switch in between positions (I still can't believe it came out) and can't get
the key back in. The Haynes manual says to put the switch in the hold
position when taking it out. So, my question is, can the switch (the part the
key goes in) be replaced even though it is not in the hold position. Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.
STeve - 73 2002 & 74 Scout II