RWD in the snow...

>  I am looking towards a purchase of a 2000 BMW 3 series, probably the
>  328Ci, and I found that they're RWD...

Michael -

I've got a '97 328is with traction control.  With decent rubber (snows or
good, newer all-seasons) it will be fine.  Yes, it's a whole new ballgame
with RWD vs. FWD, but with the ASC and ABS (don't you just LOVE TLAs? -
That's Three Letter Acronyms) it's a whole new ballgame anyway so you gotta
do your reading and you gotta get out and play some in the snow.  It's the
only way to learn.  The BMW is easily as good in the snow as any front
driver I've had and even better than most.  With Blizzaks or similar I'd be
surprised if you couldn't keep up with most SUV's until you run out of
ground clearance and by that time, it's best to be at home in front of the
fire with a nice brandy and a DVD anyway!

The RWD won't hurt you in the snow, you just have to get used to it a little
bit.  I actually think it's kind of fun - especially when you turn off the
ASC!

John Virnig
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
'97 328is