RE: Ford to buy BMW / X5

Unfortunately the man might be correct. Ford is buying everything lately.
And the word is that they have considered buying BMW. Yes they just bought
Land Rover... and it looks like everyone wants to buy everyone out. My man
from Car and Driver believes that there will only be 5 major car companies
and we'll all have to conform to their ideals.

X5. Yes BMW plan on coming out with a M version in 2002. They actually put a
beast together for a one time deal for the Geneva show. Looked incredible.
Called the "X5 Le Mans" a V12, 700 hp, 531 lbs-ft, 6.1lt. BMW claimed it
would do 0-100km in 4.7sec! And that was just the engine. They decked it out
with 20 inch rims, aero-ground effects, aluminum trim interior. Spared no
expense. For info look at Autoweek March 13, 2000

'95 ///M3

P.S.