dry cell batteries...

Scott was asking about dry cell batteries.  I am a dealer for Stinger
accessories, and they manufacture the only dry cell I'm aware of on the
market.  They're designed for car audio, but the same characteristics make
them great batteries for just about any demanding application.  The Stinger
dry cell can be completely discharged 400 times and still comes back to
100%, no other battery does that, including gel cells.  You still cannot
leave it sitting in a discharged state without shortening it's life, but
they do seem to charge and discharge more efficiently, and just plain hold a
charge longer than any battery I've seen.  I've got one in my 1986 325, and
I've never heard the starter crank at less than absolute full speed even
after sitting for a week or two or having the 750 watt stereo system play
for a couple of hours at high volumes the previous evening.  I've also got a
dry cell battery in my Chevy El Camino, fully loaded with a 350 engine, and
it does great in there as well.  The life expectancy of the dry cell seems
to be much longer than regular batteries as well, and I will probably keep
my battery after I sell my BMW, just as I kept it when I sold my Ford Ranger
that it used to be in before.  I still recommend a battery tender or similar
device to keep an occasional charge on any car placed in storage.  The dry
cell has conventional posts and fits just fine in the BMW 325.  Email me
directly for dimensions.  The prices are $199 for the smaller size, and $229
for the larger size, plus shipping.  They are completely sealed and vent no
gases, so there is no corrosion on terminals or spilt electrolyte.  If
anyone wants to try one and doesn't like it, I'll take it back and refund
purchase price and shipping.

- -Rod Birch