Thanks to all, trip reset question.

Thanx for those who helped with my questions. Instead of the 93 740I
with a bunch of little problems, I just bought a cherry 89 535I. Turns
out the 7 had the nikasil block, and as I was leaving the lot I saw the
5. It has 117K on it but it looks and runs like new. The previous owner
must have really loved this car, it is meticulus inside and out. The
engine bay looks brand new. Not a drop of fluid anywhere under it
either. Ok, so I didnt get the 8 but Im sure i'll be happy with this
car. At least I already know the 3.5 six. And it has the 4 speed auto
instead of the 5. It has the 3 setting transmission. I already read up
on the revving up in neutral problems with the autos. Any comments on
this particular type? I also read not to let them shift at high rpm too
frequently, (heat).
Ok, so the trip odometer resets to zero each time I turn off the car. I
recall reading something about it but I can't find the link. Any cure
for that bug?
Thanks again folks.
Dan
86 535I (for sale)