325is Question

Greetings.
     I currently drive an '82 528e, it's a solid runner but many of the
"frills" are failing so I began the process to upgrade to a newer model.
Somehow I started looking at the E30's. I like the 528e, it's solid, roomy
and real reliable. But the 325 seemed a more responsive, fun, "drivers" kind
of car. My only idea was I wanted a 4 door and a manual transmission. So
what car have I set my sights on? a 1987 325is with an automatic
transmission. But I gotta admit it performed pretty well. My question is,
how lame is it to buy a 325 with an automatic transmission? I love the look
of it, the color of it. It's really clean and well cared for. And I must
admit I didn't mind not having to shift gears. I see Dinan offers upgrades
to improve acceleration on automatics. Anyone have experience with this
upgrade? many thanks!

Dane Carlson