Re: coolant woes

Your system is supposed to run with quite alot of
pressure anyway.  This is to prevent boiling at lower
temps.  So my guess is that it was bad luck that this
happened around the time that the coolant looked
funny.  I have seen a car with a blown head gasket,
and a cracked head.  Both were casued from overheating
(not having the little rubber gasket on the overflow
tack to allow pressure to build, thus preventing the
aforementioned boiling).  And the coolant pipes were
rock hard while the car was running.  So I'd say your
OK.

Nate
86 325es
"The fat free doughnut."