E30: Lock cylinder replacement - DONE! Now the lock heater

Thanks to all those who replied to my query about the lock cylinder
replacement.

It turned out that I needed to replace the entire cylinder.  I was going to
attempt to rekeying it myself (even though the guy at the parts counter said
it couldn't be done)  but decided to take it to a lock smith instead.  Took
him about 15 min to do.   I put everything back together and it works
fine.

Now I want to make sure the lock heater is working.   Could someone
suggest how I might go about doing this?

Cheers,
Dave.

- --
W. Dave Rathnow