Re: value of extended warranty?

Hi Dennis,

I just made this decision on my 96 328i sedan.  I
actually filled out the form but then decided not to
do it.  Sort of like you said, they are in the
business to make money, so on average you should not
see that kind of repair.  I also figured that BMW
regularly offers a 100k warranty on the same cars so
the mfg is pretty confident in their product.  Finally
the warranty does not cover any consumable parts like
roters, exhaust or suspension components, clutch etc.
If I had the automatic I probably would have gotten
the coverage.  Final consideration is whether you will
have disposable cash available to cover an unexpected
bill of $1,000 plus.  If not you may want to buy it
now as an insurance policy.

Good luck

David
96 328i