E 36 CD changer bracket

I am going to put a Sony CD changer in my 96 328i. It would be nice to mount
it in the factory location above the battery. I have heard of some people
using the stock BMW CD changer mounting bracket/kit for aftermarket changers
but I don't know if it will fit my Sony. The $tealer didn't have any specs
on the size and if they order it for me it is mine, no returns.

Would someone who has either the factory changer or bracket be kind enough
to measure the width for me so I can see if the OEM bracket will work with
my aftermarket changer.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it!

Dennis