more front end noise questions

Dear Digesters

Occasionally on my 96 328i sport I hear a low pitched whine coming from the
right front of the car. It sounds a bit like when you blow across the top of
a pop bottle. It only happens when I am backing up and turning to the right,
like backing out of a parking space. It doesn't happen ever time, maybe 1
out 10 times I back up. It has happened with my foot on the brakes and
without. The noise only lasts for a second. I haven't noticed and vibration
when cornering so that seems to make a wheel bearing somewhat less likely.

Any thought before I take it to the stealer (even though it won't make the
sound when I am there.) I am down to about 3500 miles and two months of
warranty so I want to get anything fixed before it comes out of my pocket.

Thanks for all the great advice I have received here.

Dennis