Re: Winter Wheel Storage

David implores:
>I am curious about one thing.  For those of you in truly cold
>weather, how do you store the wheels/tires during the off-season.
>Does anyone there provide a storage mount/dis-mount service?

Most places that sell snow tires in the Upper Midwest (Milwaukee, WI)
will throw in a coupon worth 'n' tire changes where they will swap your
tires for free.  Basically, for the life of the snow tire (figure 3
seasons) they will dismount your summer skins and mount and balance your
snows.  In spring, they reverse the process.  It's getting to be pretty
common.  We also have basements in pretty much every home so the odd
skins end up in the garage attic or basement until they're needed again.

I don't know of any place that stores wheels/tires for you while you use
the other set.  I'd be a little leary about leaving my BBS RXII's at
Vinnie's Tire where 17 year olds making minimum wage will be tempted to
hammer them onto their buddies Camaro for a couple hot laps.  You get
the idea.

John Virnig
'97 328is