replacing clutch master cylinder

Whew!

I just replaced the clutch master cyliner in addition to replacing the slave
cylinder in my E30.

What were the engineers thinking when they came up with this set-up?

It is the most confined of areas.  Using a short 11 mm wrench to loosen and
undo the fitting to the master cylinder is about as frustrating (madening) as
it gets.

God blessed me with paws that come close to a Kodiak bear.  They are just as
handy.  It took me a good 45 minutes of dexterity and perserverance to do the
job.

Use a short wrench and have a ton of patience.  Eventually (hopefully) the
fitting will come free before the beer gives out or the feelings in your
hands give out.

Whomever writes the Bently manual instructions obviously did not tackle the
work.

My old clutch master cylinder was about as loose as a two dollor whore.  It
rattled and did not want to hold pressure.  Bleed the new one before
installing it to make things easier.  I bought my parts from the local BMW
dealer.  They fit perfectly and they gave me good advice (Laurel Motors,
Westmost, Illinois).

This is not a impossible job, but it sure is frustrating.

Take it easy.
Mario
BMWCCA# 180240