RE: ice problems and bmw roadside assistance(comments)

This morning I went out to my '00 323i and found that 1/2" of ice behind my
tires was too much for the little kraut to handle.  I rocked back and forth,
tried rock salt, chip at the ice, etc, but I couldn't get it out.  My wife's
pontiac and the neighbors aries K (can you believe it?  I though they were
all dead) both made it out with no difficulty.  SO, I call roadside
assistance only to learn that being stuck in ice and other acts of g-d are
NOT covered, I would have to pay out of my own pocket.  But if I was some
dumb shmuck and ran out of gas, THAT would be covered.  I guess $34K doesn't
get you squat in deutsche marks or euro bucks.

Let's just say I am very disappointed with the all weather capabilities of
my bimmer.  And yes, I did deactivate the DSC to rock back and forth.  This
is my first bimmer, and I'll tell you, this morning I was wishing for a
quattro.  I really feel like bmw let me down and I'm not trying to be a puss
or anything.   I kinda have a bad taste in my mouth, and being only 26 I
plan on buying more cars in the future.  Oh well.  Just needed to vent.

......DRIVES GREAT THOUGH!!!  LOL

See ya on the road.

Dr. Scott E. Brunengraber
2000 323i  sp/prem   orient/sand