Strange Noise in E36/318

- ------_=_NextPart_000_01BF6451.E57EC122

I have a 98 318 and at idle I can hear a noise coming from the engine
compartment. It sounds like a valve opening and closing with a low amplitude
"clunk". The period of the clunk is a few seconds and does not seem to vary
in intensity or period as a function of RPM. I do not hear the sound when
the car is at road speed.

Any ideas what could be causing the noise?

Gene Hertel
Albuquerque, NM

- ------_=_NextPart_000_01BF6451.E57EC122

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Hertel;Eugene
FN:Hertel Jr, Eugene S
ORG:;09231
TITLE:STAFF-TECH
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(505)844-5364
ADR;WORK:;880/Y32F;;NM;;MS0819
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:880/Y32F=0D=0ANM MS0819
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:esherte@domain.elided
REV:19991129T221423Z
END:VCARD

- ------_=_NextPart_000_01BF6451.E57EC122--