Stereo Problems?

I have a 1987 325is, and I am trying to put in a Blaupunkt Toranto deck.
When I bought the car it came with a deck already. I tried ever wire and it
didnt work, it wouldnt even turn on. The stock amp is bypassed. I was told
that had to be done and couldve been the problem.  I hooked it up directly
to the battery and grounded it and it still didnt work. I brought it to my
local dealer and he checked it and it turned on. So I checked the wires in
the dash for volts and hooked up the deck to the 12volt wire and it doesnt
work. If this makes any sense to you could you please help me. Thank you for
your time.

Jason
87' 325is