From: Tim Stiles [mailto:tstiles@domain.elided]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2000 2:23 PM
To: Dave Myron
Cc: BMW Digest (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Pinging after being sharked

There are legitimate reasons for running premium gas. But for many people
that run it they are really just wasting their money.  There probably are
BMW's that operate fine on regular 87 octane unleaded.   Here in San Jose,
CA 87 Octane averages around $1.50 a gallon and 92 (the highest we can get)
runs close to $1.80 a gallon.  If the car will support it I'd rather run
the 87 and spend the extra $$ on track time.  The M3 will never taste
anything less than 92 from now on.

Tim