Re: <e30> Urgent: Need Quick Diagnosis [Alternator, I think]

	FYI, I just had the alternator go out in my 92 525i. It was a
French-made one.  My mechanic, an independent, a German, replaced it with a
factory rebuilt Bosch alternator.  Total cost was $448.00; $363 for parts
and $67 for labor.

	Suspected my alternator was giving up the ghost because the
headlights and interior lights began "pulsing" from bright to dim to
bright, etc. and it kept getting more and more pronounced.

	Least that gives you some idea.

	Cheers,
	Bob

92 525i