Re: E36 sunroof problems

Dan,
I hope that you can fix your sunroof problem your
self. Otherwise I am afraid that I got bad news for
you. I had a similar problem with a rattling sunroof
and also the tilt feature wasn't working. Since it was
a internal problem I couldn't see the problem part
unless I took apart the whole sunroof assembly. So I
decided to take it to the shop. It turned out to be a
broken cassett that holds the panel. It end up costing
me close to $1000 to replace it and most of it is
labor because to take apart the sunroof you have to
take apart the whole roof liner which is very labor
intensive.

Good luck,

Joe Tan
'93 325i 5-speed, BL/SS, H&R springs, Bilstein Socks,
Remus Exaust, K&N filter, 17" M3 wheels...

- ---------------
I recently purchased a 92 E36 with sunroof from an
individual who had a
friend of his "fix" the sunroof shortly before he sold
it to me.  I've
noticed a rattling sound that is getting progressively
worse coming
from the front edge of the sunroof.  I'm considering
trying to handle
this on my own, but I'm wondering if I might make the
problem worse in
the style of the previously mentioned "friend."  Has
anyone else had
this problem, and if so, is there are reasonable
solution?

tia

Dan Hermann
'92 325i