Re: Winter Storage

Sam - From some experience and some Porsche friends of mine, it's not a good idea to take the weight of the car off the
suspension for any extended period of time.  That's the way I used to store my car (wheels of the ground with the chasis on
jack stands) but after only 2 seasons of this I was replacing what I thought were prematurely worn shocks.  I mentioned this
to my Porsche owner friends of mine who also stored their cars and they confirmed that the shocks can decompress - lose their
juice, if you will - when stored in that manner.

This may or may not apply to the E36, but I thought I'd mention it.  My friend had a set of wheels that looked more like they
belonged on a motorcycle he would slap on it during the winter.  Makes it easy to get out of the way if need be, too.

John Virnig
'97 328is
'86 K100RT