Re: Leather or Leatherette? ...carefully crafted SPAM ??

George gives us his "humble/honest" opinion:
Date:	Tue, 14 Dec 1999 14:22:44 EST
From:	LRPLTD@domain.elided
Subject:	Re: Leather or Leatherette?

Hi John:
The leatherette is very similar to the MBTex that MB uses, and is a very
durable product.   However, there are many reasons why going with real
leather will benefit you.  First is resale.  A real leather interior evokes
luxury, and makes the car more desirable to after-market buyers.  Second is
your personal comfort.  Real leather is a spongy, fibrous substance that can

breath naturally and adjusts to comfortable temperatures.  Also, real
leather
is basically easy to care for, and can be refinished to look like new again
if necessary.  Considering what you will be spending, I'd vote for the real
leather.  JMHO
Best regards, George
www.Leatherique.com
- ------------------------------
An endorsement for leather from a guy who sells leather products!!  Kinda
like trying to decide between steak and chicken while listening to a cattle
rancher. Gimme a break George...

John,

You need to look, feel, and drive both the vinyl and leather seats.  DO NOT
think for one minute that the time/effort/money for care and maintenance is
anywhere close to being the same.  George would like you to think so, but
again he is the "cattle rancher". I have BMWs with both leather and vinyl.
The vinyl interior has been absolutely neglected with zero care at all from
its POs.  I cleaned the interior with soap and water then treated with
vinylex.  Looks great now.  The leather will need regular care and
maintenance and will still wear out and look crappy sooner than vinyl.  If
you have kids, or eat in the car...the vinyl will hold up MUCH better.

Which do I like better? The leather of course...for the smell and feel.  I
do like the vinyl for ease of maintenance and durability.

What is important to you?

Ron Milliet
Petal, MS
87 325is