Re: RE:"clean wheels" covers

Scott,

Opinions on brake dust covers (Kleen Wheels is one brand) are like
a**holes...everyone has one.

Yes, they do restrict the airflow through the brake area, and will affect
brake cooling to a degree.  However, depending on your driving style, this
may not be a problem for you.

If you ever do any driving events (BMWCCA or other Driving Schools, for
example), take them out.  You'll need all the brake cooling you can get.

If you do lots of stop and go driving, where you're always on the brakes,
and moving slowly, air cooling will be affected.

If you do lots of highway driving, with minimal stops, then you shouldn't
have anything to worry about.

You could also replace your factory ("dust filled") brake pads with some
aftermarket pads which don't produce as much dust.  PBR Metalmaster is one
example of such a pad.

If you do opt to install brake dust covers on your wheels, don't offer your
back orifice to the dealer as payment!  Shop around.  A set of Kleen Wheels
http://www.ctcc.com/kleen_wheels/  (the web page is broken, but there is
contact info there) shouldn't cost you more than $40.

- -rb