Re: bmw-digest V9 #1312

<< Actually the 6th letter of the Greek alphabet is EPSILON (E), ETA (H) is
the
 8th letter. In the case of the 325e I would assume that it refers to the
 German... >>

>actually, we're both wrong. Eta is the seventh letter in the greek alphabet
>(been a while since i had to recite it).  i do know though that the "e" in
>"325e" refers to this letter, and not the german word for fuel injection.
Eta
>is the greek symbol for efficiency, and those cars were designed to be,
well,
>efficient.

I stand corrected, hitting the "send mail" button without reading my
responce
a second time... As for the efficiency symbol I checked it out and agree
with
you, but I would expect BMW to use the original letter and not the
"latinized"
version of it :-)

Demetre