Acceleration and Hesitation

The car, 95 525iA Sharked.  When I accelerate in 3rd gear, keeping a
constant pressure on the gas pedal,  the power really comes on at 3000
rpm or so as it should.  As the Revs. reach 4500, the acceleration
slows, the rpms stagnate at 4500 for just a second, the rpms then
decrease to 4250 or so and start back up.  It seems like the
acceleration back to 4500 is slow, but above 4500 all seems well.  I
have not been able to get far enough out in the country to see of this
happens in Drive.  But it definitely does not happen in 1st or second.

Has anyone had this problem and/or does anyone have an idea what might
be happening.  The car is still under BMW extended warranty, bur I don't
want to take in till I have a better idea of what the problem might be
because of the potential hassle about the chip.

TIA

Don

End of bmw-digest V9 #1312