Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 08:50:22 -0500

Sorry for the repost but I would like to dive in to this, this weekend any
help with my problems would be greatly appreciated

This last weekend I  tried to replace the center bearing on my 1984 325e and
ran in to a lot of problems any help would be great

1st... 	Problem was once the drive shaft is detached from the axle in the
		rear of car how does it come out from the fount. There are
three nut's and
		three bolt heads I would start to turn them and they would
feel like
		they are hand loose but in les then 1/8 of a turn they would
tighten back
		up. I also tried to split the drive shaft in the middle by
the (don't know if it
		is called this but split nut the nut that holds the two
pieces of the axle together)

2nd...	Do not know once the drive shaft is out how to take the old and very
		messed up center bearing and housing off and replace with my
new bearing and
		housing.

3rd...	Is this all I need to do or is there any thing else I should be
		careful of?

Thanks to every one that has helped me out in the past
David Mc Guire
1984 325e