Wedged Nav/Radio system

The navigation/radio system on our 2000 540iT
went south a couple of days ago. I'm hoping the
collected experience of the list will be able
to shed some light on what may be wrong. The
dealer spent a couple of hours looking at it
and decided that the system needs to be replaced
along with the NAV CDROM drive. They tell me
none of these parts are in the country and they
are back ordered in Germany. ETA for parts is
atleast 2 weeks.

SYPMTOMS: The display screen is either off, when the
ignition is off, or white all the time. The radio,
tape, & audio CD are functional except that
the audio cuts off after 2-3 minutes of operation.
Turning the audio system off and on brings it back
for another 2-3 minutes. The Nav CD is stuck in the
NAV CDROM drive. It will not eject. None of the lights
on the drive are on. When you push the eject button it
makes some noise but nothing happens.

Has anyone heard of this type of problem before ? If so
what was the fix ? I'm hoping there is some reset procedure
that the dealer does not know about or was unwilling to try
that will bring it back.

Thanks in advance...
- -Doug

USPS: Douglas W. Forehand                 INTERNET: dwf@domain.elided
      Sun Microsystems Inc.               VOICE:    (408) 774-8015
      901 San Antonio Road, MS USUN02-101 FAX:      (408) 774-2098
      Palo Alto, California  94303-4900